Our Tasker app allows you to bill for expenses incurred while performing any task. The majority of expenses are less than £50, but to curb abuse of this function, we’ve set limits on how much you can expense per category.
How should I expense items?
If a client hasn’t picked up a necessary tool or item ahead of a task, you can pick it up for them and expense it through your Tasker app. All you need to do is:
- Confirm every expense with your client via the chat thread.
- Upload a photo of your receipt in the chat once the item is purchased.
- Make sure your client approves the final amount.
For more information, check out this blog post.
When should I expense items?
The expensing feature can be used for:
- Items purchased during a task
- Cost of parts or specific tools needed to complete tasks
Expensing is not meant to be used for:
- Hiring additional contractors to complete a task
- Travel expenses like petrol, tolls, or parking
- Additional fees for vehicle usage
What happens if my client requires a higher cap?
Because expense caps are designed to protect both you and your clients from fraudulent activity, you will not be able to submit expenses that exceed the cap amount. If your client needs an item that costs more than our expense caps allow, they may purchase before your task takes place. This is a great opportunity to scope the task ahead of time and set expectations.
Still have questions? Check out this support article.
Not yet a Tasker? Sign up here.