We made some updates to your Tasker app in September. Check out the sections below to see what changed.
View past months: July 2022 | August 2022 | View All | Back to Tasker Updates
1. Task cancellation process
- What this means: We’ve updated how we handle task cancellations. You’ll see this change in the cancellation information section in your “Task Details” screen. You no longer need to contact Support to change a cancellation reason.
- Why we did it: Given our recent Tasker Analytics update, there’s now less need to worry about the reason for task cancellations, as they have less impact on where you place in search results. However, lots of cancellations will impact your placement, so we always recommend you reschedule (rather than cancel) when possible. We will still review all cancellation-fee-eligible tasks for payouts. This applies to both client and Tasker cancellations.
2. New names for certain
- What this means: We’ve modified the names of the following task categories: Mounting, Painting, Carpentry & Construction, Yard Work & Removal, Lift & Shift Furniture, and Furniture Removal. These changes will have no impact on your task history or future jobs!
- Why we did it: So we can prepare your Tasker app for even bigger category updates to come. Stay tuned!
- Read all about it!
- We fixed a bug that was preventing Taskers and clients from sending messages that started with a number or symbol.
Tip of the Month
Make your Skills & Experience shine. Our data shows that Taskers who have detailed Skills & Experiences pitches schedule more tasks than Taskers who don’t. In your pitch, we recommend including how many years of experience you have; what skills, tools, or vehicles you’ll bring to the task; and any relevant certifications you’ve earned. Read more about crafting the ultimate Skills & Experience pitch.