Moving tasks run the gamut on TaskRabbit. This article provides insight into typical moving tasks and offers suggestions–like how you can work with fellow Taskers!–to help you build your business through moving tasks.
Categories to opt-into if you are interested in moving tasks:
- Help Moving
- Full Service Help Moving
- Lift & Shift
- Furniture Removal
- Packing & Unpacking
See this Support Center article to find out more about what skills categories entail before you opt-in.
What you can expect when you get booked for a moving task:
While some moving tasks are whole-house moves, other Help Moving tasks involve moving just a few large or heavy pieces of furniture. The task description provided by the Client is crucial to helping you scope the task, identifying which equipment is needed, determining if you will require the help of another Tasker, and assessing how long the task will take (from hours to days!).
Here are some examples of “typical” moving tasks:
- Moving from one floor to another (within an apartment building or house)
- Moving from one address to another nearby or in the region
- Moving large/awkward items like treadmills
- Moving to a storage unit, or from one unit to another
- Moving items from a truck to a home
- Using a truck to move items if the Client hasn’t already transported them
- Loading trucks or vans
- Packing items into storage containers
- Packing items into boxes / unpacking items from boxes
- Removing/hauling away furniture or large items like mattresses
- Transporting items bought through a local online platform like Craigslist, NextDoor or Facebook Marketplace
We suggest you read Fundamentals: Help Moving & Full Service Help Moving for information about moving equipment you can expect to use and sample scoping questions.
Check out these skills descriptions from Taskers who do moving-related tasks:
I have extensive experience packing/unpacking apartments and houses. As a kid, we moved around a lot (Army brat) and as an adult in Show Business, I’m changed locations serval times. I’m thorough, organized and treat every item as precious cargo.Darcy W., Packing & Unpacking
Truck 🚛 & Equipment Included. SAFETY: Masks Gloves Distancing PPE ✔️ 5 ✨ Rated, 4 Years, Hundreds of Moves. Equipment for Faster Move. Can Recommend a GREAT Second Tasker ✔️Eric W., Help Moving
Worked backroom for major retail stores for many years move 50lb+ boxes, furniture displays, and full stock pallets.Robert F., Lift & Shift Furniture
* 2 Hour Minimum * Se Habla Español! Moving can be a stressful situation, but it doesn’t have to be! Let me do the heavy lifting for you so that you can focus on decorating your new home. I am an experienced mover that will handle all of your possessions with the ultimate care. I can assist with coordination, disassembly, loading, unloading, and reassembly. I will provide dollys for large pieces of furniture as well. Let me help you make moving a breeze!Tommy M., Full Service Help Moving
Read more about how to market your equipment and vehicles on your profile here.
Do you want to work with fellow Taskers on your moving task? Here’s how:
- Suggest via the chat thread that your Client hire other Taskers if the scope sounds large. You can share the URL of Taskers who you know, or just direct your Client back to the app/site and find a Tasker who’s available the same day/time as you.
- You can hire a Tasker yourself! Consider giving a leg up to a Tasker who is new to the platform and helping them get a task under their belt.
- To work with the same Tasker on a repeat basis, you can add a link to their profile in your profile and category description. Contact our Customer Support Team with the Tasker’s first and last name and the email address on their account so it can be noted that you work together.
- Learn more about bringing an assistant along on tasks (note: they must be a registered Tasker, and the Client should approve via chat).
Speaking of working with fellow Taskers, to refer other Taskers for tasks that tend to accompany a move, (or upsell yourself to work with the same Clients again), we suggest these categories:
- Cleaning/Deep Clean
- Furniture/IKEA Assembly
- Interior Design
- Minor Home Repairs
- Power Washing
- Smart Home Installation
- Window Washing