IKEA is a leader among companies with ambitious sustainability goals and TaskRabbit wants to support our community to help achieve them! 🌎
Here are 6 suggestions for how you can provide environmentally friendly services to your Clients.
1. Refurbish Furniture
You can update furniture by sanding, painting, and varnishing. You can also repair IKEA furniture!
- Minor Home Repairs
2. Make Donations
Clients may be looking for your help determining which items to keep vs. donate. If they choose to donate, they may need help figuring out where and how to transport the donations. Items can range from as small as bags of clothes, to as large as couches.
- Donation Drop-off
- Personal Assistant
- Furniture Removal
If you’re crafty and handy, you can help your Clients with reupholstering, coming up with new uses for old items, and preventing items from going to the landfill! For instance, mounting reclaimed wood as new shelving, turning old tree stumps into planters, creating a gallery wall, or using a mason jar collection to reorganize a pantry closet.
- Arts & Crafts
- Interior Design
- Yard Work
4. Make energy efficiency upgrades
One easy way to reduce energy consumption is by switching out lightbulbs for LEDs. This is a simple task with a big impact!
- Smart Home Installation
- Minor Home Repairs
- Electrical Help
5. Use sustainable supplies
Many Taskers have certain brands of supplies that they like to use, but have you considered using a more environmentally friendly brand–or even making your own organic version?
- Deep Cleaning
- Car Washing
- Help Moving
- Window Washing
6. Compost and recycle
Offering to compost yard debris or food scraps, or remove and recycle boxes, for your Clients are examples of how you can provide service that’s not only planet positive, but can help you score those 5 star ratings too (not to mention tips)!
- Yard/Garden Work & Removal
- Furniture Assembly
- Packing & Unpacking
- Full Service Help Moving
Here are some suggestions for how you can signal to Clients that your Tasker brand is environmentally friendly:
- Mention it in your relevant skills descriptions. For example, share that your personal touch includes always breaking down boxes and hauling them to the recycling bin, or that you always use sustainable supplies.
- While you’re scoping a task, you can ask if there’s anything the Client would like you to do to ensure the task is sustainable, such as using non-toxic cleaning supplies.
- Use Business Photos to display the “after”–and add photos to your social media, too. (Don’t forget to @taskrabbit if you do!)
Do you have more ideas or experiences helping your Clients upcycle more? Please share via the comments below!