Smart Home Installation is becoming popular for homeowners and renters alike. Interested in growing your business in this category?
Taskers who are successful in the Smart Home Installation category have skills experience spanning:
- General contractor
- Network engineering
- Love of gadgets and automation
- Experience setting up their own smart homes!
In addition to relevant skills and experiences that you can detail in your profile, you can also include which tools you can bring to the task.
To help ensure your Smart Home Installation tasks go smoothly, consider these sample scoping questions:
- Which platform do your smart devices connect to? (i.e. Amazon, Google, etc.)
- What is the product name/type?
- Do you need any guidance on which products to purchase?
- Have you already installed the device, and it’s not working? What are the issues?
- Please plan to share your wifi network name and password with me before or during the task so that I can troubleshoot device connectivity issues (if relevant).
Here are some of the common tasks that fall within the Smart Home Installation category:
- Running wiring
- Testing that products work
- Explaining how products work
Common devices that TaskRabbit Clients are looking for help with when they book a Smart Home Installation task:
Many Taskers have familiarity with specific products (such as Nest, Ring, Arlo, Honeywell, Ecobee, etc.) as well as general knowledge of installing and networking smart devices, wi-fi routers, etc. If you have experience with specific products, include them in the skills and experience section of your profile for the Smart Home Installation category.
- Water leak detectors, i.e. for water heaters, pipes, kitchen and bathroom appliances
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Thermostat systems and remote sensors
- Robot vacuum
- Security cameras
- Light bulbs
- Speakers and soundbars
- TV devices
- Home hubs
- Mesh wi-fi
- Automated blinds and curtains