Whether you’re new to it or a seasoned pro, you may know that Minor Home Repairs is a very popular TaskRabbit category. And you may also know that the Minor Home Repairs category, commonly referred to as “Handyman” (and “Handywoman” of course 💪) can span a wide range of tasks!
For instance, here are some tasks that Taskers have shared they’ve done in the Minor Home Repairs category:
- Changed all of the lightbulbs in a home
- Repaired a garage door after someone using a snowplow plowed into it
- Mounted a toilet paper holder
- Installed a doggie door
- Built a doghouse
- Repaired a garbage disposal/dishwasher
- Built a sauna
- Replaced doorbell batteries
- Replaced smoke detector batteries
- Hung doors, changed doorknobs, changed door locks
- Hung cabinets/fixed pre-hung cabinets
- Helped a property management company flip houses
And the list goes on, and on, and on!
In this series on Minor Home Repairs, we’ll focus on some of the most common tasks that Taskers receive invites to through this category. That being said, oftentimes a task that seems like a Minor Home Repair will come through the Mounting or Furniture Assembly category, and vice versa. We encourage you to educate your Client to hire you through the category that best fits the task; check out this article on how you can cross-sell and up-sell yourself and let Clients know about the many skills you have to offer.
Read this series of Minor Home Repairs articles to learn:
- Minor Home Repairs 101: Meet the Taskers
- Minor Home Repairs 102: Client Communications
- Minor Home Repairs 103: How to Stock Your Toolkit
- Minor Home Repairs 104: Doors, Door Locks, & Cabinets
- Minor Home Repairs 105: Taps, Faucets, & Toilets
- Minor Home Repairs 106: Walls & Wallpapering
- Minor Home Repairs 107: Light Fixtures & Switches
- Minor Home Repairs 108: Laying Laminate Flooring
- Minor Home Repairs 109: Window Repair & Replacement
- Minor Home Repairs 110: Air Conditioner Unit Installation
- Minor Home Repairs 111: Appliance Repair
- Minor Home Repairs 112: Troubleshooting
- Minor Home Repairs 113: Ensuring Quality & Closing the Task
Each article includes a list of suggested scoping questions as well as tools that top Taskers use on each of these tasks. However, these lists are not exhaustive–please feel free to add your own pro tips in the comments section of each article if there’s anything you’d like to add.
Happy Minor Home Repairs tasking! 🔧