Happy New Year! With 2019 only a few days old, this is often a time that we spend on introspection and reevaluating how we envision our 2019 lives to progress. Perhaps we’ve identified things in 2018 that we want to improve on—and the new year gives us a fresh start!
We’ve compiled a list of some of our community’s resolutions and some tips for helping them stick!
- Save up for a vacation. Pick somewhere you want to return to, or consider finding a new holiday destination that you’ve never visited before. Visiting new places can open your eyes to new possibilities and help you feel refreshed when you return home. Once you’ve selected your destination, determine a budget and then set monthly goals to help get you there. Consider setting aside earnings in a separate account so that you can see your progress as you count down towards the trip! And for the planners out there, we know you won’t forget to set aside time to plan everything you want to do (or not do if all you want to do is sit on a beach!) when you get there!
- Volunteer. Look for organizations and ways in which you can give back in your local community. Even if it’s not every week or even every month, knowing you made an impact on someone’s life can sometimes give you just the lift you need in your own life.
- Move More. Make it a goal in 2019 to get more steps in, get toned, or take up a new exercise regimen. Whether it’s getting off public transit one stop early to get more walking in, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or chasing your kids around the house—moving more will make for a healthier 2019!
- Enjoy the Little Things. Celebrate the small wins as well as the big ones. Orienting your mindset to be more aware of the positive moments of each day will likely help you sleep better, smile more, and be happier overall.
We also encourage you to seize this opportunity to consider particular ways you want to change how you run your business. Continue reading to get some ideas for New Year’s tasking resolutions that can positively impact your business on TaskRabbit.
- Set Goals. Setting benchmarks is a great way to challenge yourself to achieve new targets, such as that vacation we mentioned above! If you had an average task count of 20 per month in 2018, maybe aim for 25 per month in 2019. If you were just short of $4,000 in December 2018, maybe aim for $5,000 in January 2019. The sky’s the limit.
- Stop Procrastinating. Often the biggest barrier to achieving your goals is choosing to something other than work. We’ve all been there! While we encourage all Taskers to take time off to rest and relax when they need it, we also know from experience that hard work pays off in the long run.
- Get Organized. Being organized is one of the keys to tasking success. Consider a resolution to check your schedule Availability to avoid schedule conflicts, and build a buffer into your schedule in case one task runs late to make sure you always arrive on time to your tasks.
- Learn a New Skill. The new year is a great opportunity to enhance your skills in categories that you’re already in, or learn new skills and expand into new categories. Make sure you check out the “Learn” section of the blog and our YouTube channel for videos on how to improve in Cleaning, Mounting, and more!
- Refer a Friend. Consider spreading the cheer of economic opportunity to your friends in 2019. When there are opportunities for team tasks, you will have a go-to partner! You can submit your referrals here.
- Hire a Tasker. Try your hand at being a Client and pay it forward within the Tasker community. This will not only build 360-degree empathy for both sides of the marketplace, but will also help you conquer your own to-do list!
If you are looking for ways to build your business on TaskRabbit, then hopefully these resolutions provide you with a few ideas. As with any resolution, they will take time and effort, but we hope that implementing some of these will lead to a happier and more successful new year for you!