2018 was a big year for TaskRabbit. We expanded our services to two new countries (Canada and Wales) and added 14 new cities across the US and UK—bringing our total markets served to 50+. It was our first year doing IKEA Assembly tasks following the IKEA acquisition in 2017. We celebrated our 10th anniversary on October 10th with a bang, including a look-back video, 10 days of Tasker stories, a Community Appreciation Day where we gave back 50% of our service fee to Taskers, and donated 50% to Habitat for Humanity chapters in cities where we operate.
At a more fundamental level, the TaskRabbit team made lots of changes to enhance your Tasker experience this year. In March, we announced our commitment to making a number of product improvements by the end of 2018. We’re happy to report that with just two weeks of 2018 remaining, we’ve accomplished all of the product goals we outlined, including:
- A reduction in our service fee from 30% to 15% ✅
- Clearer Tasker take-home rates rather than showing the Client rate ✅
- More time to respond to Clients with end-of-day response time ✅
- Improved profile exposure using the filter for Great Value and Elite badges ✅
- Large-scale advertising campaigns in Chicago, LA, NYC, London ✅
- IKEA tasks available nationwide in all cities with an IKEA store ✅
- Increased support, by growing our support team by 200% ✅
These product enhancements wouldn’t mean much without our remarkable Tasker community. Through our platform, you achieved some pretty incredible feats! Check out our top 5 favorite data points below of 2018’s biggest accomplishments:
We can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store!
Thanks to each and every one of you for making TaskRabbit the go-to network for Clients needing help with their everyday projects. We appreciate all the assembling, hammering, mounting, cleaning, raking, decorating, organizing, moving, lifting, and delivering you’ve done this year. We hope you take some time for much-deserved rest and relaxation with loved ones this holiday season, and we look forward to continuing our goal of improving your experience in 2019.