It’s time for us to start practicing our Welsh, because today, we’re live in Wales! Clients can now start building their network of Taskers in Cardiff, the country’s capital city.
As fans of The Burrow will tell you, we like to honor our new countries and cities by offering our readers fun facts about them! So, if you aren’t yet familiar with Wales, here are a few reasons to celebrate it.
- Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world, was named after Welshman Sir George Everest from Gwernvale, Breconshire.
- “Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch.” No, this is not gibberish—it is a Welsh city name, and the longest place name in the world. It translates to “The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio’s of the red cave.”
- Wales has approximately 3 million people. And 12 million sheep. 🐑🐑🐑
So, now that you’re planning a visit, why not start in Cardiff? Here are just a few reasons we think it’s an incredibly cool city:
- Cardiff is home to Principality Stadium, which has the world’s largest retractable sports arena roof.
- Cardiff Castle stands upon an old military fort–one build by the Romans in 55AD.
- Literary legend Roald Dahl—author of such classics of Matilda, The Witches, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory—was born in Cardiff.
Today, Cardiff joins seven other cities across England in bringing the TaskRabbit network to both Clients and Taskers. When it comes to offering people financial flexibility all over the world, we want to be people’s number-one choice—and we’re well on our way!