Whether you already task in the IKEA Assembly category, or if you are considering joining, we’ve assembled (pun intended) the following tips and tricks to set you up for success! Read through the whole article, or use the links below to jump down to a specific section:
- Keep in mind
- Best Ways to Prepare for IKEA tasks
- Sample questions to ask Clients in the chat thread.
- Handy upskilling resources.
- Final steps before an IKEA task begins.
- Troubleshooting during an IKEA task.
Keep in mind:
- IKEA Assembly tasks are received directly to your Tasker app or through a daily email—please keep an eye on both to take advantage of task opportunities!
- Instead of seeing a task description written by a Client, you’ll see a list of items to be assembled or mounted.
- IKEA Assembly tasks have a fixed rate per item, so you do not need to set an hourly Tasker Rate for this category.
Best ways to prepare for IKEA Assembly tasks:
- Keep your Work Area map up to date—there is demand for IKEA Assembly tasks from city centers to suburbs and beyond.
- Set your future Availability to receive more tasks directly to your app; set only a few days ahead if you want to receive more tasks by email (remember that IKEA Assembly tasks cannot be same-day).
- Communicate with your Client early and often.
- Confirm that the items and number of items in the task description match what the Client ordered.
- Check out our blog post on must-have tools!
Sample questions to ask Clients in the chat thread before an IKEA Assembly task:
- Will this task require mounting, blind cutting or curtain installation?
- Do you have the model name for each piece that I’ll be assembling, so I can look up directions in advance?
- Have all items been delivered? Can you notify me if your delivery is delayed or cancelled? If the items have been delayed, can I reschedule the task?
- Have you placed packages in the room where you need the item assembled, and is there plenty of space?
Handy upskilling resources:
- Check out our YouTube channel for tips and tricks from top Taskers in Mounting and Furniture Assembly on how to ace these tasks.
- You can look up assembly instructions on IKEA.com or do a simple online search of the product name and/or article number. You should be able to find how-to videos or at least a visual of the product before you arrive to the Task.
Final steps before your IKEA Assembly task begins:
- Set aside enough travel time and check for traffic updates.
- Check your Client chat thread to cover your bases and confirm that the delivery has been received.
- UK Taskers only: upon arrival to the task, remember that you will be asking your Client to fill out the“Secure It!” waiver, a legally required document. Invoicing will not be available until the waiver is signed. You cannot sign the waiver on your Client’s behalf. Please review this Support article for more info on the waiver.
Troubleshooting during an IKEA Assembly task:
- If you find that there are additional items to assemble, or if an item is missing or damaged:
- Record in the chat thread which items should be added or removed. This is important in order to confirm that there will be an adjustment to the task’s cost for the Client.
- Contact Support via live chat to request that the invoice be updated. This must be done before the invoice is submitted.
- If you accidentally damage an item during your IKEA task:
- Please reach out to Support as soon as possible. It is highly recommended to take photos of any damaged items.
- Check out this Support Center article for more information.
If you’ve already joined the IKEA Assembly category, we hope this info makes it easy to complete IKEA Assembly tasks with confidence! If you haven’t yet joined the category, we hope that these tips help you feel set you up for success—click here to take the IKEA Assembly Info Session as the next step!
Happy IKEA tasking!