Did you know we just expanded to three new cities in the UK? Our expansion is becoming more global, and we’re really excited about it!
TaskRabbit is now open for business (and new Taskers!) in Birmingham, Bristol, and Manchester.
Hopefully, you’ve seen some of the kind words we’ve received from key local influencers, but in case you haven’t, here are a few examples:
@thesefourwallsblog “I used @taskrabbit to book a local handyman called Andy, who stripped the paper, repaired the plaster, and re-painted the wall. He did a fantastic job and we’re so pleased with the results!”
@littlegreenshed “A lick of paint will freshen the whole place up. It’s such a job that neither Dan nor I have the time to do it, so I’m using the @taskrabbit app to find me a reputable decorator in my area.”
In case you aren’t a local, we’d like to share some fun facts about our newest cities in the TaskRabbit community.
- It’s the world’s biggest manufacturer of hot air balloons.
- The world’s first modern bungee jump took place from the city’s famous Clifton Suspension Bridge.
- Bristol was home to the world’s most famous pirate—Blackbeard!
- 90% of the UK is within 4 hours of Birmingham. Pretty cool!
- Quite a few spots in Birmingham inspired scenes in J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
- It’s the birthplace of some major heavy metal bands, including Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Led Zeppelin.
- It’s the birthplace of British vegetarianism.
- The atom was first split here by physicist Ernest Rutherford.
- It’s where Rolls and Royce met in 1904—and look at them now!
We’re thrilled to be bringing our platform to these three cities, and Taskers, it wouldn’t be happening without you!